A Picture is worth a thousand words as they say but how many impressions, engagements and conversions is worth your marketing design?
In a matter of seconds you can leave a lasting impression on your potential customers when they come around your design, whether the design is good or bad.
Meanwhile for the sake of your business it is of good ideal to make a good impression so that people stick around and learn more about your business.
If any of your customer was to see one of your marketing design, would the design communicate the value you are offering and also educate your customers about how you can solve their problem?
Just in case you are not able to answer the question right away, then stick around and keep reading to know more on how to make your online marketing design great.
WHAT IS MARKETING ADVERTISING DESIGN?
Marketing design is about the communication and promotion of brand’s products and services in a visually appealing way. For the marketing design to be a success all the materials created need to adhere to the company’s visual identity.
Marketing and design must go hand-in-hand because it is through marketing you can create interest in your brand and the design will help you visually communicate your brand to your audience.
Great marketing design is more than just your company logo and images you use. Marketing design is the only bridge that connects your brand to your customers and it also acts as a confidence builder as it positions your company to be an industry expert.
In marketing you can write clear copy and do targeting the best way possible you can, but in the end, if the copy doesn’t perform it will be a waste of time, money and resources and that can’t be called success.
The same thing goes to design, you can create a stunning ad, but if it doesn’t end up converting people, then it doesn’t really matter.
Which is why smart marketing need to be combined with great design for conversion.
4 ESSENTIAL BENEFITS OF GREAT MARKETING DESIGN
4 ESSENTIAL BENEFITS OF GREAT MARKETING DESIGN
Brands depend on successful marketing efforts to tap into their target audience decision making process. Great marketing engages people based on wants, needs, awareness and satisfaction they have about a product, service or brand. Since people find visual content more engaging, a great marketing design helps organizations promote and communicate more effectively.
- It increases conversions: Creating a beautiful marketing design has the potential of motivating people to take the required action expected by providing a clear and easy path to conversion.
At every stage of your marketing campaign you need to think about how to create engagement with your audience and how to convert the engagement into the desired outcome.
Your call to action button must be well designed, enough to turn into actual sale and create a perfect brand experience for your audience. Ultimately, the design is responsible for creating an emotional response from your audience.
- It builds trust: Great marketing design reduces the anxiety your audience may have toward your brand. It creates a professional appearance that builds trust and credibility, which is essential to businesses growth and sustainability.
Trust plays a crucial role in convincing your audience’s about the quality of your products and services.
Companies that thrive are the ones that have developed a trusted brand and great advertising design plays a key role in creating communication that enhances that trust between brand and its audience.
- User Friendly: Great design makes your content user-friendly. A design with too many images, text or small fonts will make your content appear difficult to read at a glance so the user will likely ignore it.
Your design should be created in such a way that the content can be read at a glance especially for online customers.
Keep your marketing design short and crisp and your layout simple so your content is simple and easy to skim through.
- Enhance visibility of marketing campaign: The digital space is now crowded with lots of companies competing for attention and visibility. Hundreds of advertisement campaigns run every seconds of the day and the only way to make yours stand out is with the help of creativity and stunning graphics.
What I meant here is not just the images, rather all the elements combined that make up your marketing campaign, the ad creative, the theme, the copy(text), the headline e.t.c.
Your audience are likely to click on your ads if they find it attractive, with relevant products/services and the right message.
EXAMPLES OF MARKETING DESIGN
Flyers are the most commonly used offline marketing tool. That is because they can be printed in large quantities. Also, they are cheap and versatile, which means that they can be used for many types of businesses, particularly those aimed directly at a specific audience.
Flyers can be used to promote your business in many ways from serving as information materials for trade fairs to special promotional campaigns and many more.
Infographic is the combination of the words “Information” and “Graphic” What this means is that an infographics is a form of visual communication meant to capture attention of people online.
Infographic is a special type of visual communication that includes graphics showing data or copy or both data and copy at the same time.
They are perfect for compiling a lot of data into one easy to follow format that’s nice to look at.
Using infographics also makes the information you are passing to your audience look credible and compelling.
What makes information more compelling is its ability to be understood. Infographics are excellent in helping people get the insights into what they need.
3. Social Media Ads
When doing a social media ad campaign, it is important you incorporate extraordinary social media ads design if you want to make sales.
A small mistake in your social media ad design can make you run at loss because ads directly correlate with conversions. Here is why:
- A great social media ad design easily grabs people attention.
- A great ad copy entices users to take the required action expected of them.
Failure to consider all the aspects of social media ads design will result in lack of sales and a waste of budget because your audience won’t even pay attention to the ad let alone click on them.
SOCIAL MEDIA AD DESIGN TIP
When you design ads for social media, the goal is to convert users into potential customers. Here are few tips that will help you design social media ads that convert easily.
- Do something different: With so many visuals bombarding users every day, it is crucial that you create an ad design that nobody has been before. It might not be an easy task but to have a successful social media ad, you need to produce ad that is as unique as your brand.
- Use high quality images of your products: You will become trustworthy to your audience if you use high quality images for your social media ad design. When you use a clear and detailed image, your audience will trust your brand and your products more.
Using clear images tell your audience that your brand.
- Pay attention to details.
- Has nothing to hide with their product.
- Takes time to provide quality for customers.
- Color and Font Pairings: Your audience will become overwhelmed and scroll past your ad design if you use too many colors or different fonts type on your ads. The colors and fonts that must be used in your ad design must be within your style guide that compliments each other.
- Use your Logo: If your brand is popular or not, featuring your logo on your ads can increase the awareness of your brand and make it unique.
ADVERTISEMENT DESIGN MARKETING TIP THAT DRIVE CONVERSION
- Use Contrast
Before you can keep someone’s attention and engage them with your visual, you first need to capture their interest.
Contrast has the power to make your designs stand out when you communicate online.
To create contrast in your design, you can make use of size color, alignment, repetition, proximity, whitespace, and texture.
The right amount can make your marketing materials much more appealing to your audience.
Here are some ideas you can use when experimenting with contrast on your designs.
- If you want to emphasize a message, then make it more prominent than the other elements in your visual.
- Make sure that the colors you use in a banner match the emotions that you want to transmit to your audience.
- Alignment can create structure in design, and it’s going to help you dictate the value of an element.
- With repetition, you can create an identity for certain parts of your banner.
- Elements that are close together have something in common, which is why you need to consider proximity when doing this.
- The importance of whitespace can’t be emphasized enough – use it to avoid overwhelming your audience with too much information.
- Follow the Brand Guidelines
It is important you adhere to your brand guidelines when doing your marketing design.
This means that you have to make sure you incorporate your logo, color palette, typography, and other brand elements that are specific to your business.
This will keep your brand presence unified and cohesive across all your marketing and communication channels.
- Use the psychology of color
Color mixture is an essential part of marketing graphic design that has huge impact on sales conversions. It is very important you study it closely because it allows you to determine how your customers will respond to your marketing messages based on the color you use in your banners.
Every color in design creates an emotional reaction in people. The use of color in design is to guide emotion and give people immediate feeling the first time they interact with something.